Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/14 15:20:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Hi guys,

At some point the planned 'quick 3.0.5 release', turned into a much more
substantial release. One of
the major features was to support JAX-WS 2.2, and we beefed up the
client code substantially. Since we
added so much new code this release is now labeled 3.1.0.

tag: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi/tags/juddi-3.1.0/

nexus:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejuddi-068/

Please not that the uddi-ws-3.1.0 comes in 2 flavors: by default it is
compiled against the JAX-WS 2.2 spec, but we also
release a uddi-ws-3.1.0-jaxws21.jar with a 'jaxws21' classifier to
support JAX-WS 2.1 deployment environments.

Also I have updated the website to reflect the 3.1.0 release:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/juddi/site/

Please give it a spin and cast your vote in the next 72 hours!

My vote: +1

Cheers,

--Kurt

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.
+1 here

[STOP-VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Let's stop the vote, and address the issues brought up by David.

--Kurt

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.
On 06/16/2011 07:48 PM, David Jencks wrote:
> For instance if they are processed by juddi code and we can add a few
> lines to ignore // comment lines, I'd say it was worth it. If they are
> processed by a third party tool that we can't modify then that's a
> reason to discuss not including the license header.

They are used by third party testing tools.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jun 16, 2011, at 3:01 PM, Tom Cunningham wrote:

> I believe the txt files are data for a test case.      It don't think it make\ sense to tag a license header into them.

Unless there's a good technical reason these files can't have a license header, since they are distributed from apache as part of the source archive, it is much better if they have a license header.  For instance if they are processed by juddi code and we can add a few lines to ignore // comment lines, I'd say it was worth it.  If they are processed by a third party tool that we can't modify then that's a reason to discuss not including the license header.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
The build now works for me.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.
I'm not seeing that error, but uddi-portlets is failing for me.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Tom Cunningham <tc...@redhat.com>.
Took a pass through the license files - went through everything but the
JARs.

If you're getting a large number of missing license headers, you're
likely pulling in the generated GWT classes in your count.

--Tom

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
-1

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by Kurt T Stam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Good to see you're still paying attention :).

There seems to be a 10.5.3.0_1 version out there now. Not sure why the
build machine as well as my build never complained (and my
.m2/.../derby-project.pom looks perfectly fine!, but when I deleted it I
see the same issue. Anyway good catch, let's move to 10.5.3.0_1.

BTW maven 2.2 or newer should work. Personally I'm using maven 3.0.3.

Cheers,

--Kurt

Re: [VOTE] Release jUDDI-3.1.0

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.