Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at> on 2003/07/29 19:46:45 UTC

Send Parameter from sitemap to XSP

I want to send a parameter from the sitemap to a XSP; similarly like it
would be possible to send a parameter to a XSL stylsheet.

has anyone a simple solution?

thank you!!

Alex

Re: Send Parameter from sitemap to XSP

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Alexander Schatten wrote:
> Bartłomiej Urbański wrote:
>

>> sitemap:
>>
>> <map:generate src="example.xsp" type="serverpages">
>>   <map:parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
>> </map:generate>
>>
>> and xsp:
>>
>> <xsp:logic>
>>   String foo = parameters.getParameter("foo", "");
>> </xsp:logic>
>

> thank you, this works... unfortunately it still does not solve my
> problem. the point is, that I need an absolute path in XSP to a
> directory of a cocoon project; e.g.:
>
> /usr/cocoon/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/project/upload
>
> and obviously I do not want to hard-code this path; but I found no
> solution to get the first part of the path by any cocoon variable; I
> tried it with the parameter as described above and used the

There is an input module that covers that.  See the demos.  May only be
in 2.1 but could probably be backported if you're on 2.0.

Geoff

Re: Send Parameter from sitemap to XSP

Posted by Alexander Schatten <al...@gmx.at>.
Bartłomiej Urbański wrote:

> sitemap:
>
> <map:generate src="example.xsp" type="serverpages">
>   <map:parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
> </map:generate>
>
> and xsp:
>
> <xsp:logic>
>   String foo = parameters.getParameter("foo", "");
> </xsp:logic>

thank you, this works... unfortunately it still does not solve my
problem. the point is, that I need an absolute path in XSP to a
directory of a cocoon project; e.g.:

/usr/cocoon/tomcat/webapps/cocoon/project/upload

and obviously I do not want to hard-code this path; but I found no
solution to get the first part of the path by any cocoon variable; I
tried it with the parameter as described above and used the

context://project/upload

but unfortunately cocoon does not resolve the "context://" but sends the
text as is...

maybe there is another idea to solve this problem?

Posted by Bartłomiej Urbański <bu...@netventure.pl>.
Alexander Schatten wrote:
> I want to send a parameter from the sitemap to a XSP; similarly like it
> would be possible to send a parameter to a XSL stylsheet.
>
> has anyone a simple solution?

sitemap:

<map:generate src="example.xsp" type="serverpages">
   <map:parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
</map:generate>

and xsp:

<xsp:logic>
   String foo = parameters.getParameter("foo", "");
</xsp:logic>

<xsp:expr>foo</xsp:expr>

best regards
bartek