Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tomislav Nakic-Alfirevic <tn...@sharanet.org> on 2009/09/14 21:09:36 UTC

PanBI Subversion repository analysis tool: new release

Hello everyone,

20 days ago I sent you a screencast
(http://panbi.sourceforge.net/systems/subversion/olap.html) and a short
notification about PanBI's analytical capabilities on a Subversion
repository. I noticed a surge in traffic on the PanBI web site, but have
heard very little since. I assume this is due to the fact that there was
no official release available before which is why I am writing now:

The official PanBI 0.2 release is out!

After quite a lot of work, PanBI is now available with a host of
improvements, most interesting being:

     * this is the first publicly available packaged release!
     * a subversion repository has been pre-configured by default so
that you can validate right away that everything is OK
     * reduced technical requirements, simplifying use: basically, users
need only have JAVA_HOME pointing to a valid installation of Java
     * a really good basis for streamlined release management, which
will make future releases much easier
     * a rough optimization process reduced the package size by about 50%
     * tested on Ubuntu and Windows XP

Lots of great ideas are lined up for implementation in the forthcoming
release, but in the meantime, get the fresh 0.2.0 release and enjoy!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/panbi/files/0.2/PanBI-0.2.zip/download

Cheers,
Tomislav
--