Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com> on 2006/02/24 16:26:50 UTC

Generate schenarios?

Hello,

So there's this model driven, J2EE webapp generator [1] i'm working on
lately and and i'm getting ready to test a generated application using
jmeter  for the first time. My question is, since i'm generating
everything anyway and tests follow a certain pattern, is it possible to
generate test schenarios in XML or something? I saw the FAQ entry on JMX
Schema/DTD available, but i was wondering if someone has something
usefull for a specific JMeter version that i can use, including XML
format documentation and/or schema/dtd (even unstable).

[1] http://sf.net/projects/md4j

Cheers,

Manos

Re: Generate schenarios?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Try generating a short test plan, and have a look at the JMX file. It
should be fairly obvious how to generate the plan.

Otherwise, create a generic test plan, and read the variable parts
from files using CSV Data Set.

S.