Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by GOMEZ Henri <hg...@slib.fr> on 2000/03/16 13:10:40 UTC

Another Try Cocoon 1.7 on AS/400

Hi,

I continue to try Cocoon 1.7 with tomcat 3.1b1 on my AS/400.
I also use xerces 1.0.3 and xalan 0.20.0 (all three seems to work fine on my
Redhat Linux 6.1)

I've got the following message.

Any idea ?

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading logicsheet:
resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/java/global.xsl.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x0) was
found in the comment.

org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/XSPProcessor.init(Lorg/apache/cocoon/framewo
rk/Configurations;)V+616 (XSPProcessor.java:284)

org/apache/cocoon/framework/Manager.create(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/coc
oon/framework/Configurations;)Ljava/lang/Object;+40 (Manager.java:89)

org/apache/cocoon/framework/Router.init(Lorg/apache/cocoon/framework/Configu
rations;)V+82 (Router.java:80)

org/apache/cocoon/framework/Manager.create(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/coc
oon/framework/Configurations;)Ljava/lang/Object;+40 (Manager.java:89)

org/apache/cocoon/Engine.getInstance(Lorg/apache/cocoon/framework/Configurat
ions;Ljava/lang/Object;)Lorg/apache/cocoon/Engine;+36 (Engine.java:190)
      org/apache/cocoon/Cocoon.init(Ljavax/servlet/ServletConfig;)V+150
(Cocoon.java:119)
      org/apache/tomcat/core/ServletWrapper.initServlet()V+65
(ServletWrapper.java:293)
      org/apache/tomcat/core/ServletWrapper.loadServlet()V+82
(ServletWrapper.java:273)

org/apache/tomcat/core/ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Lorg/apache/tomcat/core/
Request;Lorg/apache/tomcat/core/Response;)V+108 (ServletWrapper.java:363)

org/apache/tomcat/core/ContextManager.service(Lorg/apache/tomcat/core/Reques
t;Lorg/apache/tomcat/core/Response;)V+73 (ContextManager.java:523)

org/apache/tomcat/service/http/HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(Lorg/
apache/tomcat/service/TcpConnection;[Ljava/lang/Object;)V+149
(HttpConnectionHandler.java:146)
      org/apache/tomcat/service/TcpConnectionThread.run()V+8
(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:334)
      java/lang/Thread.run()V+11 (Thread.java:466)

PS: A new set of Redhat RPM is available soon at
ftp://ftp.falsehope.com/home/gomez/
    for xerces-j 1.0.3, xalan-j 0.20.0, cocoon 1.7

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : gomez@slib.fr         (. .)
PGP KEY : 4912D659    ...oOOo..(_)..oOOo...
PGP Fingerprint : 8CAD0D50356DA7E45C540B010FFE39E8

Re: Another Try Cocoon 1.7 on AS/400

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Gomez Henri wrote:

> > Sheeesh.... Should  be something like ascii->ebcdic
> > incompatiblilities... The thing is that the global.xsl file has been
> > transfered as a binary to the AS400.... And it's probably missing the
> > encoding attribute...
>
> The file is included in a jar file and as been transfered to the AS400 in
> binary. No ASCII->EBCDIC convertion since file was uploaded to
> the AS/400 IFS (much like standard file system on Unix/NT).
>
> Others xml file are in the IFS and are processed correctly .My next question
> is, how did this file is processed and by who ?

It's definitely not a Cocoon problem... It's a parser problem... I asked
my uncle to try it out on his AS400 and reported the same problem (the
test was just to parse an XML inside a JAR w/o converting it...).
He's still digging it out..

	Pier
<ma...@betaversion.org>      <http://www.betaversion.org/~pier/>

Re: Another Try Cocoon 1.7 on AS/400

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gomez Henri <hg...@slib.fr>.
> Sheeesh.... Should  be something like ascii->ebcdic
> incompatiblilities... The thing is that the global.xsl file has been
> transfered as a binary to the AS400.... And it's probably missing the
> encoding attribute...

The file is included in a jar file and as been transfered to the AS400 in
binary. No ASCII->EBCDIC convertion since file was uploaded to
the AS/400 IFS (much like standard file system on Unix/NT).

Others xml file are in the IFS and are processed correctly .My next question
is, how did this file is processed and by who ?

Thanks

Re: Another Try Cocoon 1.7 on AS/400

Posted by Gomez Henri <hg...@slib.fr>.

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.