Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by "김영우 (YoungWoo Kim)" <yw...@apache.org> on 2015/12/01 12:15:15 UTC

Phoenix(+Query Server) with Namenode HA

Hi,

I'm configuring HBase and Phoenix on HDFS HA. Should I have any specific
configurations or env variables on Phoenix for Namenode HA? My development
cluster works fine without Namenode HA but new cluster with NN HA, I can't
connect Phoenix using sqlline or sqlline-thin. It looks like HBase and
Phoenix does not recognize my NN namespace, that is to say, HBase and
Phoenix try to connect NN namespace as a hostname.

Hadoop 2.7.1, HBase 1.1.2, Phoenix 4.6.0
and I configured the 'HBASE_CONF_DIR' env variable.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Youngwoo

Re: Phoenix(+Query Server) with Namenode HA

Posted by Krishna <re...@gmail.com>.
Are you sure your HA configuration is working properly, I doubt this is
related to Phoenix.
Are these parameters correctly setup?

hbase-site.xml
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://nameservice/hbase</value>
  </property>

hdfs-site.xml
  <property>
    <name>dfs.nameservices</name>
    <value>nameservice</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.ha.namenodes.nameservice</name>
    <value>nn1,nn2</value>
  </property>