Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2004/06/01 09:33:04 UTC

publication-test-build.xml

Dear Thorsten

Why did you delete the file "publication-test-build.xml"?

revision 1.4
date: 2004/05/30 08:07:51;  author: thorsten;  state: dead;  lines: +1 -1
thorsten is active again

it's necessary for the build process ;-)

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: publication-test-build.xml

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> Can you undo that?
>

> done
>

>> Again, sorry :(
>

> don't worry ;-)
>
> Michi

Thx Michi!

thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Re: publication-test-build.xml

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Can you undo that?

done

> Again, sorry :(

don't worry ;-)

Michi

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Rolf Kulemann wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-06-01 at 12:09, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>

>>[...]
>>...and again I am aweful sorry (but you know the IRC chat we had the
>>other day with Dale -> afraid of breaking something) ;-) -> I did it :(.
>>

>Welcome to the club :) Thorsten, I very appreciate your work on the
>docs, thank you.
>
>The last time I broke sth. Antonio G. said sth. like:
>
>Remember: "Only people that do nothing never make mistakes!" :-D

LOL!

Thanks to cheer me up :).

Regarding the docs see the mail on dev that I will post in a couple of
minutes.

...and thank *you* for the release ;-)

King regards
thorsten

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información S.A.U.

Re: publication-test-build.xml

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Christian Egli wrote:

>Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> writes:
>

>>The other 2 files are not needed anymore because I have to refactor
>>the whole pub!
>>

>Ok, if they're not needed anymore then you don't have to resurrect
>them. I'm not quite up-to-date on the plan with the documentation. I
>thought we were not going to have a Lenya publication for the
>documentation anymore. Am I correct in the assumption that instead
>there are simply going to be xml files which will be processed by
>forrest?
>
>In that case I don't know why you need to 'refactor' the pub. Is it
>not simply a matter of removing the doc-new publication and putting
>the contents back into cvs in a form which can be digested by forrest?

Hello Christian, hello devs,

I think it will be the best way for now to do that. Like you already stated:
-delete the docs-new pub
-use forrest structure to keep the content.

The problem with the docs-new pub is that it is *not* only the docu but
our website!
I already asked whether it is ok to commit /src/forrest [1] and [2] but
still waiting for a *GO* or *NO GO* ;-)
I recommend to have our website in a forrest structure.
I further recommend to provide the documentation (*not* the complete
website) in the releases as static html. I will have a look in that as well.

With refactoring I more refer to have a clean structured documentation.
The copy process I am doing after each update ;-)->to skip that part I
asked to create the /src/forrest and edit the documentation from there!

I would like to have it (the website update) like this:
*short term*
-update the lenya dis
-{lenya}>forrest
-copy the create folder and do the normal update proccess

*long term*
-use the forrestbot to deploy the website and get right of this proccess

WDYT?

thorsten

[1]
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lenya-dev@cocoon.apache.org&msgNo=4009
[2]
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lenya-dev@cocoon.apache.org&msgNo=4023

--
Thorsten Scherler

Departamento de Desarrollo de Proyectos
Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información S.A.U.
Avda. de la Arboleda s/n
41940 - Tomares,  (Sevilla)
Tlfn: (+34) 955 062 627
e-mail: thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es

Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo,
contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su
destinatario o destinatarios. Queda prohibida su divulgación, copia o
distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita de "Sociedad
Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información, S.A.U.". Si no
es Ud. el destinatario del mensaje le ruego lo destruya sin hacer copia
digital o física, comunicando a Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la
Sociedad de la Información S.A.U. vía e-mail o fax la recepción del presente
mensaje. Toda declaración de voluntad contenida deberá ser tenida por no
producida. Gracias.
___________________

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication
is prohibited without the prior written consent of "Sociedad Andaluza para
el Desarrollo de la Sociedad de la Información, S.A.U.". If you are not the
formal receiver of this message please destroy it without making any digital
or physical copy and inform "Sociedad Andaluza para el Desarrollo de la
Sociedad de la Información S.A.U." , by e-mail or fax, of the reception of
the present message. Any whatsoever involuntary declaration contained
herewith must be taken as having no legal effect. Thank you.

Re: publication-test-build.xml

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> writes:

> > Can you take care of these files? Thanks.

> Yeah, but after work because I do not have access here :(.
>
> The other 2 files are not needed anymore because I have to refactor
> the whole pub!

Ok, if they're not needed anymore then you don't have to resurrect
them. I'm not quite up-to-date on the plan with the documentation. I
thought we were not going to have a Lenya publication for the
documentation anymore. Am I correct in the assumption that instead
there are simply going to be xml files which will be processed by
forrest?

In that case I don't know why you need to 'refactor' the pub. Is it
not simply a matter of removing the doc-new publication and putting
the contents back into cvs in a form which can be digested by forrest?

> The "forrest.properties" *cannot* be used anyway because the building
> of the site is *not* an ant build. The ".cvsignore" I will recover
> like you have described.

If .cvsignore is not needed anymore there is no need to resurrect
it. See above.

> ...and again I am aweful sorry (but you know the IRC chat we had the
> other day with Dale -> afraid of breaking something) ;-) -> I did it
> :(.

No problem, we all make mistakes.

Thanks for all your work on the documentation.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.net   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: publication-test-build.xml

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Christian Egli wrote:

>I wish you'd be a little bit more careful. According to the commit
>message you also deleted a few other files
>
>] thorsten    2004/05/30 01:07:51
>]
>]   Modified:    src/webapp/lenya/pubs/docs-new/content/xdocs/project
>]                         acknowledgements.xml
>]   Removed:     src/targets publication-test-build.xml
>]                src/webapp/lenya/pubs/docs-new forrest.properties
>]                .        .cvsignore
>]   Log:
>]   thorsten is active again
>

>Before you commit you can always do a test run to check what CVS is
>going to do by using the command `cvs -n commit'.

I will take this account for the next time!

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> writes:

> > Why did you delete the file "publication-test-build.xml"?

> WHOOPS! Sorry -> I was not aware of that!
>
> That was not on purpose! I just wanted my name again to the active
> committer ;-)

I wish you'd be a little bit more careful. According to the commit
message you also deleted a few other files

] thorsten    2004/05/30 01:07:51
]
]   Modified:    src/webapp/lenya/pubs/docs-new/content/xdocs/project
]                         acknowledgements.xml
]   Removed:     src/targets publication-test-build.xml
]                src/webapp/lenya/pubs/docs-new forrest.properties
]                .        .cvsignore
]   Log:
]   thorsten is active again

Before you commit you can always do a test run to check what CVS is
going to do by using the command `cvs -n commit'.

>  Can you undo that?

The CVS FAQ says that you have to do some manual surgery in the
repository:

http://www.loria.fr/~molli/cvs/cvs-FAQ/cvsfaq21.html#3L.4

However michi resurrected one file and he used the following method
(for the .cvsignore file):

cvs update -r [old version number before removal] -p > .cvsignore
cvs add .cvsignore
cvs -n commit .cvsignore
cvs commit .cvsignore

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> Dear Thorsten
>
> Why did you delete the file "publication-test-build.xml"?
>
> revision 1.4
> date: 2004/05/30 08:07:51;  author: thorsten;  state: dead;  lines: +1 -1
> thorsten is active again
>
> it's necessary for the build process ;-)

WHOOPS! Sorry -> I was not aware of that!

That was not on purpose! I just wanted my name again to the active
committer ;-)

 Can you undo that?

Again, sorry :(

> Michi