Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by wotjs7007 <wo...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/13 09:45:31 UTC

can pdfbox using well on android?

Hello!!
I am studing Android.

 I have got a assignment ,read pdf and show the content on android by using
pdfbox...

 I only can read pdf and show it on android webview ...can anybody tell me
how to show the pdf in other way? ...or maybe pdfbox can not used well on
android ...thank you for helping me .

Re: can pdfbox using well on android?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Apache PDFBox wasn't written to run on Android and Android is not Java.
Android doesn't have AWT or Swing so you won't be able to display PDF on
Android out of the box. Maybe you can get PDFBox to work by implementing
a page drawer that uses Android's painting primitives. If the non-visual
part of PDFBox works on Android, that might make a nice addition to
PDFBox.

On 13.06.2011 09:45:31 wotjs7007 wrote:
> Hello!!
> I am studing Android.
>
>  I have got a assignment ,read pdf and show the content on android by using
> pdfbox...
>
>  I only can read pdf and show it on android webview ...can anybody tell me
> how to show the pdf in other way? ...or maybe pdfbox can not used well on
> android ...thank you for helping me .

Jeremias Maerki