Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com> on 2002/10/31 06:09:06 UTC

Re: problem in extracting Xindice.war file in tomcat servlet containe r

> I have complied and installed Xindice 1.1 version from CVS.
> If I try to use Xindice.war file in tomcat 3.3.1 or tomcat 4.0 servlet
> container I get the following error
>
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
> 	at

Looks like your Tomcat doesn't have the commons-logging.jar archive.
Tomcat 4.1.12 provides it in standard but I haven't checked out for
older versions.

The solution is to add commons-logging (available in the Xindice's cvs
repository) to your Tomcat installation.

Could you please write a little how-to about your installation.  We will
include it into the new Xindice documentation we are currently writing.

Thanks

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard