Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by PieterP <pi...@planet.nl> on 2008/11/01 01:04:16 UTC

iBATIS and PostgreSQL

Hello,

I'm having trouble with iBATIS and Postgre....

The provider entry in Providers.config witch contains the provider I point
to in SqlMap.Config looks like this (the other providers are
enabled="false"):
[xml]
  <provider
    name="PostgreSql1.0.0.0"
    description="PostgreSql, Npgsql provider V1.0.0.0"
      enabled="true"
      default="true"
    assemblyName="Npgsql, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7"
    connectionClass="Npgsql.NpgsqlConnection"
    commandClass="Npgsql.NpgsqlCommand"
    parameterClass="Npgsql.NpgsqlParameter"
    parameterDbTypeClass="NpgsqlTypes.NpgsqlDbType"
    parameterDbTypeProperty="NpgsqlDbType"
    dataAdapterClass="Npgsql.NpgsqlDataAdapter"
    commandBuilderClass="Npgsql.NpgsqlCommandBuilder"
    usePositionalParameters="false"
    useParameterPrefixInSql="true"
    useParameterPrefixInParameter="true"
    parameterPrefix=":"
    allowMARS="true"
  />
[/xml]

The connection string etc like this:
[xml]
  <database>
    <provider name="${provider}"/>
      <dataSource name="LocalSqlServer"
connectionString="Server=${db_server};Port=${db_port};Database=${db_database};Userid=${db_username};Password=${db_password};
Protocol=3;SSL=false;Pooling=true;MinPoolSize=1;MaxPoolSize=20;Encoding=UNICODE;
Timeout=15;SslMode=Disable;"/>
  </database>
[/xml]

I use iBATIS version 1.6.1.0...
Alle class info, public token and version are correct....
Npgsql.dll version 1.0.0.0 is present in my output directory and is
referenced....

But iBATIS keeps trowing me an Configuration Exception:
- The error occurred while loading Providers. - initialize provider   -
Check the PostgreSql1.0.0.0.

What to do?!