Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ray Krueger <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/17 22:49:22 UTC

When will CXF be out of the incubator?

Is there any sort of roadmap in place for when CXF is expected to be
voted out of the incubator?

Re: When will CXF be out of the incubator?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday 17 September 2007, Ryan Moquin wrote:
> What are the criteria for someone to become a developer on the
> project?

At apache, the requirement is basically to show an active participation
in the community until the PMC's of the project feel you have
demonstrated an ongoing interest to warrant giving you Karma.

What that usually means is:
1) Participate in discussions on the dev list, propose ideas, etc....

2) File JIRA items and attach patches to issues.

3) Repeat #1 and #2 until the current developers are sick of reviewing
your code.  :-)

Seriously, the project PMC needs to feel that you really know what you
are doing and are genuinely interested in continuing participation in
the project and understand where the community is trying to go.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: When will CXF be out of the incubator?

Posted by Ryan Moquin <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.