Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jay Dickon Glanville <di...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/14 15:45:13 UTC

best way to create an empty patternset?

Hello all.

What's the best way to create an empty patternset (that is, a pattern
set that will result in no inclusions)?

Why on earth would I want such a thing?  I have two common tasks
(compile and deploy) that are repeated for several applications.
Because of this repetition, I've created two <macrodef>s.  Both of
these take a patternset as an attribute (the first macro uses it in a
classpath, and the second copys all jars into a staging area).
Therefore, a patternset needs to exist for all applications that use
these macros.

One of my applications doesn't have any jar dependencies.  So, I need
an empty patternset so that nothing is included in the classpath or
copied to the staging area.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PS: I'm using Ant 1.6.5 due to some other limitations.

--
Jay Dickon Glanville

Re: best way to create an empty patternset?

Posted by Dominique Devienne <dd...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/07, Jay Dickon Glanville <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the best way to create an empty patternset (that is, a pattern
> set that will result in no inclusions)?

Any pattern with a non-sensible-enough name will do. I tend to use one
that documents what I'm doing. For example, in your case, <patternset
includes="- no dependencies -" />. It's quite unlikely to have a file
named "- no dependencies -" in the filesystem. --DD