Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by dee factorial <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/08 17:53:14 UTC

building minimalistic Jetspeed 2.1 dev

Hello list

I am using Jetspeed 2.1 dev and I'm wondering what the requirements are for
memory. I am currently using a debian server with 128mb of memory and I have
been having lots of trouble lately with memory related issues. When I first
started using jetspeed about 6 months ago I had no problems with compiling
and using jetspeed. Yesterday I was finally able to compile jetspeed after a
month of trying various tactics. When I run Jetspeed it looks like it takes
up to 400mb of ram on my server, utilizing swap space. my server just
crawls. I don't mind if it crawls a bit so that I may finish developing the
website then I will upgrade my server to the required amount of ram.

It looks as though the Jetspeed 2.1 dev is complied as feature complete. I
was wondering if there is any way to specify a more minimalistic build
process that only complies the features I plan to use. Thus reducing the
amount of information I need to compile and the amount of memory need for
the end product.

Thanks, Dominique

Re: building minimalistic Jetspeed 2.1 dev

Posted by Mikko Wuokko <mi...@evtek.fi>.
Hi.

The other apps shouldn't get deployed with min build. But they don't get
removed either from the server so you have to remove them manually if
you change from full to min build.

The pages can be set as you like and you can remove and add the ones you
like. The pages are located in the source at
${J2_PROJCECT_HOME}/src/webapp/WEB-INF/pages

You can find guides to modify the pages in the Jetspeed website. For
example http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-psml.html is
one place to start.

-Mikko

Posted by dee factorial <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by dee factorial <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Feb 8, 2007, at 8:53 AM, dee factorial wrote:

> Hello list
>
> I am using Jetspeed 2.1 dev and I'm wondering what the requirements
> are for
> memory. I am currently using a debian server with 128mb of memory
> and I have
> been having lots of trouble lately with memory related issues. When
> I first
> started using jetspeed about 6 months ago I had no problems with
> compiling
> and using jetspeed. Yesterday I was finally able to compile
> jetspeed after a
> month of trying various tactics. When I run Jetspeed it looks like
> it takes
> up to 400mb of ram on my server, utilizing swap space. my server just
> crawls. I don't mind if it crawls a bit so that I may finish
> developing the
> website then I will upgrade my server to the required amount of ram.
>
> It looks as though the Jetspeed 2.1 dev is complied as feature
> complete. I
> was wondering if there is any way to specify a more minimalistic build
> process that only complies the features I plan to use. Thus
> reducing the
> amount of information I need to compile and the amount of memory
> need for
> the end product.
>
> Thanks, Dominique

Did you try