Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Danilo Tuler <tu...@ideais.com.br> on 2008/06/26 15:07:56 UTC

Proxying a managed repository

Hi,

How bad it is to proxy a managed repository to another managed repository?

We set up archiva in our company, and created a "thirdparty" managed
repository to deploy third party non-public artifacts.

1) Should I force all our projects to include the
http://intranet/archiva/repository/thirdparty repository to each project
pom?

2) Or should I create a proxy from thirdparty to internal?

My users will use mirrorOf * to internal in settings.xml. And they would
need to add an additional mirror for the thirdparty repository in case of
(1).

Thanks,
Danilo

Re: Proxying a managed repository

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I could say "in 13 issues time".

It's likely to still be a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Brett

2008/6/26 Danilo Tuler <tu...@ideais.com.br>:

> Brett Porter wrote:
>>
>> and will be shortly released in Archiva 1.1.
>>

> I know everybody hates this question, especially opensource developers :-)
> But do you have any idea how short is shortly? Few days, few weeks or few
> months?
>
> Thanks,
> Danilo

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: Proxying a managed repository

Posted by Danilo Tuler <tu...@ideais.com.br>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It's an acceptible workaround, though you should be aware that
repository grouping that you are looking for is already implemented on
trunk and will be shortly released in Archiva 1.1.