Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by je...@bnf.fr on 2011/09/15 11:43:21 UTC

problem occuring when I send mail from forgotten password class

Hello,

I'm trying to use the forgotten password portlet. and I have the following
exception:
Failed to send forgotten password email to user with email address because
Mail server connection failed; nested exception is
javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: Unable to locate provider for protocol:
smtp]
email address:

Configuration
demo configuration
I've filled the Web-INF/conf/overrides.properties with my smtp
configuration:
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
# E M A I L
email.sender = jerome.dupont@bnf.fr
email.manager = email.manager@bnf.fr

# smtp email server address
email.smtp.server.address=smtp.bnf.fr

# smtp email server user name
email.smtp.user.name=
# smtp email server user password
email.smtp.user.password=
#mail.smtp.auth
email.smtp.auth=false

It doesn't work.
To diagnose that:
I've checked with a débugger that my configuration was read in java objets,
and that seemsOK:
In components\jetspeed-portal\src\main\java\org\apache\jetspeed
\administration\PortalAdministrationImpl.java in sendEmail method, I can
see that the mailSender used is configure with the parameters defined in my
properties file.

Regards,
Jérôme

Fermeture annuelle des sites François-Mitterrand et Richelieu  - du lundi 5 au dimanche 18 septembre 2011 inclus
Journée du patrimoine  - samedi 17 septembre (Sablé-sur-Sarthe et Maison Jean-Vilar à Avignon) et dimanche 18 septembre (autres sites, dont François-Mitterrand et Richelieu) Avant d'imprimer, pensez à l'environnement.