Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jweathers777 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/28 15:50:17 UTC

Is it Possible to Load CamelContext from external XML file?

I'm using Camel 1.6.2 deployed inside ServiceMix. Is it possible for the
packaged resource camel-context.xml file to import XML Configured routes
from a file existing in the file system rather than from within the resource
folder packaged inside the compiled service unit? I'd like to do something
like this because I would like to deploy a Camel ServiceUnit where I can
easily modify my routes just by editing an XML configuration file and
restarting the ServiceUnit instead of having to have the service unit's
source available to edit, rebuild, and redeploy.

Re: Is it Possible to Load CamelContext from external XML file?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM, jweathers777 <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Camel 1.6.2 deployed inside ServiceMix. Is it possible for the
> packaged resource camel-context.xml file to import XML Configured routes
> from a file existing in the file system rather than from within the resource
> folder packaged inside the compiled service unit? I'd like to do something
> like this because I would like to deploy a Camel ServiceUnit where I can
> easily modify my routes just by editing an XML configuration file and
> restarting the ServiceUnit instead of having to have the service unit's
> source available to edit, rebuild, and redeploy.
> --

I think the Spring xml import can load from file system as well.

For example see this Spring XML file
http://code.google.com/p/camelinaction/source/browse/trunk/chapter13/startup/src/test/resources/META-INF/spring/camel-route-xml.xml

And then instead of using classpath: as prefix then use file: for file system.

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus