Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net> on 2000/02/07 08:54:46 UTC

jspc info

You may have noticed that I just committed the command line tool.  It is
not totally done because I haven't made sure that the  package name and
class name switches have been fully wired in yet.  It does compile the
example classes into java files, but I haven't done the CYA test and
made those classes servlets and run them in tomcat.

The main thing I wanted to do was get it out so people can bang on it
and comment on it before the work week starts in case I don't get any
time until next saturday again.  If you find interesting ways to break
it let me know before M2 gets tagged.  If it is a feature add request,
let me know before the freeze. (next tuesday).

Future directions include jsp -> the XML format and the XML format ->
jsp (which can be pipelined so we get a XML format -> java), but that is
post 3.1 right now.

--Danno

Re: jspc info

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.
Well, in theory the -uriroot option should be pointed to the top of the
web app.  the directory WEB-INF/classes is added to the JspLoader list.
Which reminds me, I don't scan WEB-INF/lib for jars.  I got the example
tag libs to compile with the -uriroot option.  If that doesn't work let
me know.

What I am thinking of adding is a new default behavior for -uriroot.  if
unspecified it is the working/user directory.  But what I think I may do
is that it will start at the level of the first jsp page, and go up in
directories until it finds a directory with a WEB-INF directory.
Failing that it will use the current working/user directory.

Destination directory should work, but the file are placed right in
there and not in the package appropriate directories, I will fix that.

The idea of adding a feature to compile a whole web-app of JSPs to java
files is a good one.  I will put this on a to-do list, where if there is
only one file specified and it is a directory then treat it as a web
app, with the default -uriroot the web-app.  This doesn't involve too
much complex magic so it should make the 3.1 if i get the time.  Perhaps
I could also drop a file to create a recommended set of servlet mappings
for the web.xml file.

Re: jspc info

Posted by MANDAR RAJE <ma...@pathfinder.eng.sun.com>.
Hi Danno,