Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Col <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/05 23:57:35 UTC

duplicate WEB-INF folder created under base directory

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 4.1, and TomcatPlugin3.1 for Eclipse3.1.1. I created a Tomcat project, evert time I run tomcat, a duplicate folder created under base directory, and war file is not automatically unpacked. Another thing is: when I try to run my application, it was told all struts tld files cannot be found under WEB_INF. I am wondering if this is the compatibility problem? Even I use Tomcat 5.0.28, I got the same thing. Aan anyone give some pointers about this strange problem?

regards,

---------------------------------

Re: duplicate WEB-INF folder created under base directory

Posted by Rick Col <ri...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the reply, Mark.

Actually, WEB-INF folder name is correct, here I
copied
the build location used for build target from
build.xml:
<property name="build"
value="webapp/WEB-INF/classes"/>

and build task works perfectly fine.

And the following is part of unpacked war file
directory:
WEB-INF/
WEB-INF/classes/
WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.6.jar
WEB-INF/lib/servlet.jar
WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar
WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld
WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
WEB-INF/struts-html.tld
WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld
index.jsp
WEB-INF/web.xml

Everything looks fine to me.

When Tomcat 5.0.28 is used, it complains something
like this: web.xml in web application is missing. So I
switched to Tomcat 4.1, now I got this error:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File
"/WEB-INF/c.tld" not found
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:105)