Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Amogh Vasekar <am...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/09/15 09:00:33 UTC

JVM reuse

Hi All,
Regarding the JVM reuse feature incorporated, it says reuse is generally recommended for streaming and pipes jobs. I'm a little unclear on this and any pointers will be appreciated.
Also, in what scenarios will this feature be helpful for java mapred jobs?

Thanks,
Amogh

Re: JVM reuse

Posted by Chandraprakash Bhagtani <cp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

mapred.job.reuse.jvm.num.tasks can be used for jobs that have a large number
of very short-lived tasks (these are usually map tasks) or that have lengthy
initialization, can see performance gains when the JVM is reused for
subsequent tasks.

For more info you can refer

  *O’ Reilly, Hadoop- The Definitive Guide
*

--
Thanks & Regards,
Chandra Prakash Bhagtani