Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by al...@fbsims.com on 2003/04/25 18:28:59 UTC

Question about Tomcat 4.1 + SSL w/IBM JDK1.4

Hi all,

As i understand, it is not need to have the JSSE since the 1.4
JDK contains the classes. I'm trying to configure SSL in tomcat
and i'm running into a wall here.

I'm getting an InvocationTargetException caused by NoClassDefFoundError
: com/sun/net/ssl/SSLContext

I reviewed the jar files in the jdk and the SSLContext class is located
in the following package: com/ibm/net/ssl/SSLContext

What should I do, how can point tomcat to the different package name
or should i restructure the jar file to sun instead of ibm?

Thanks!

Alain

Re: Question about Tomcat 4.1 + SSL w/IBM JDK1.4

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
The changes have been back-ported, so Tomcat 3.3.2 & 4.1.25 should work fine
with IBM's JVM.  The impatient can always check-out the source from the CVS
(using the coyote_10 tag).

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.