Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Steve Dunlap <sc...@mchsi.com> on 2016/03/01 18:56:09 UTC

saving spreadsheet

Hello,

My father downloaded open office with success. He has a rw dvd that he uses to save spreadsheets. The original spreadsheet was developed using microsoft office. When he made changes using the open office calc spreadsheet and tried to save the changes he got a message saying the revised spreadsheet could not be saved to rw dvd.

Any suggestions of how he can save it to the rw dvd?

Thanks

Steve Dunlap

Re: saving spreadsheet

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 12:56 PM, Steve Dunlap <sc...@mchsi.com> wrote:

> My father downloaded open office with success. He has a rw dvd that he
> uses to save spreadsheets. The original spreadsheet was developed using
> microsoft office. When he made changes using the open office calc
> spreadsheet and tried to save the changes he got a message saying the
> revised spreadsheet could not be saved to rw dvd.
>
> Any suggestions of how he can save it to the rw dvd?

Steve it should work the same as was done with Excel.

A rw dvd does not necessarily mean the dvd is rw it means the dvd can be
set up to be rw.

There will be a specific program on the computer to make the dvd rw and the
choice to make the dvd rw must be made the first time the dvd is used.

If that has been done and the dvd has been used for multiple writes in the
past then check to make sure the program used to configure the dvd as rw is
on the computer and running.

With the program running the dvd should appear as a regular drive and can
be written to (files can be saved there) as was done with Excel.

Otherwise, if the dvd is not configured as rw or the program to make the
dvd rw is not available on the pc, save the spreadsheet to the pc's hard
drive and then use dvd burning software to burn the file to the dvd.