Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by "Qiu, Wenping" <We...@state.mn.us> on 2007/11/07 18:00:35 UTC

about NullPointerException of JDBC Control

Hi All:

I run my web service which using the beehive control to connect
database.  I got following error:

<Nov 7, 2007 10:06:14 AM CST> <Error>
<us.crimnet.audit.service.AuditServiceImpl

> <000000> <Could not save the AuditLog object in the service.

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
us.crimnet.audit.service.AuditServiceImpl.saveAuditLogEntry(AuditServ

iceImpl.java:33)

        at
us.crimnet.audit.webservice.AuditLogService.saveAuditLogEntry(AuditLo

gService.java:30)

        at

java:39)

        at

sorImpl.java:25)

        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

The codes are attached.  Please check it.  If someone know the problem,
please let me know.

Thanks,

Eric Qiu

RE: about NullPointerException of JDBC Control

Posted by "Bunder, Noam" <NB...@datascantech.com>.
unsubscribe

________________________________

I run my web service which using the beehive control to connect
database.  I got following error:

<Nov 7, 2007 10:06:14 AM CST> <Error>
<us.crimnet.audit.service.AuditServiceImpl

> <000000> <Could not save the AuditLog object in the service.

java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
us.crimnet.audit.service.AuditServiceImpl.saveAuditLogEntry(AuditServ

iceImpl.java:33)

        at
us.crimnet.audit.webservice.AuditLogService.saveAuditLogEntry(AuditLo

gService.java:30)

        at

java:39)

        at

sorImpl.java:25)

        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

The codes are attached.  Please check it.  If someone know the problem,
please let me know.

Thanks,

Eric Qiu

This e-mail transmission contains information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Further, it contains information that may be privileged and confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your mail system. Thank you for your compliance.

Re: about NullPointerException of JDBC Control

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Doesn't look like the code was attached, just your build.xml. It is
difficult to determine why there's an NPE in your control without the
code. The stack trace indicates that it occurs on line 33 of your
class us.crimnet.audit.service.AuditServiceImpl, in the
saveAuditLogEntry() method. I'd look in there first to identify the
object you are using that could be null.

Kind regards,
Carlin