Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Tushar Kapila <tg...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/09 23:47:48 UTC

date wise log every X MB

we need a log roll over that makes a new file every x MB but the current
file is archived with a full date-time--random-int-to-make-unique stamp

so if the file is myProj_A.log after x MB  is renamed to
myProj_A_2010_09_10_02_48_02_34334.log (year-month-day- time ...) and so on

Is there a pattern/ property to do this already?

I think I need to use a
RollingFileAppender  with a SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy and
TimeBasedRollingPolicy but with the trigger part off only the file name
format on? How do I do that? Ot should I extend TimeBasedRollingPolicy or
RollingPolicyBase ?
Thanks for your time :)

Regards
Tushar Kapila