Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Matthew Clarke <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/23 17:41:26 UTC

Fwd: Your Distro

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Nahay <pn...@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:31 AM
Subject: Your Distro
To: Matthew Clarke <ma...@gmail.com>

This is the 2nd time I've gotten an email I sent to
dev@nifi.apache.org
returned to me:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at apache.org.

<de...@nifi.apache.org>:
ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept messages of MIME
Content-Type 'text/html' (#5.2.3)

Re: Your Distro

Posted by dan bress <da...@gmail.com>.
Paul,
   Have you tried joining the mailing list using the instructions here:
https://nifi.apache.org/mailing_lists.html

    I know in the past, we have had issues with people who aren't
subscribed being unable to send to the list.  This seems weird to me as
well, but since you are bringing up some concerns and making suggestions it
might be best to join the list so that they can be heard and addressed.

Dan

Re: Fwd: Your Distro

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Matthew Clarke wrote:
> [...]

As it says: you're sending HTML emails which the mail-list program
doesn't accept.

In other words, configure your mail client to send plaintext emails
instead of HTML "rich content" message. If you still have trouble
sending email, you should contact infrastructure@apache.org for
assistance in configuring your mail client.