Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Tom Holmes Jr." <th...@tomholmes.net> on 2003/12/05 16:12:44 UTC

Apache 2.0.48 and Tomcat 4.1.29 and JK2

Many months ago, I installed Apache 2.0.46, Tomcat 4.1.18, and JK2.   I got this all working fantastically.  I had it configured so that when I started Apache, it started Tomcat also.   I don't know how I did it, but I'd like to see if anyone knows the details I have forgotten.

On another machine, I am using the following projects listed above.  I installed Apache 4.0.28 on my Wiin2K system and it works great, so http://localhost on this machine works.  I also installed 4.1.29 by only unzipping it and moving to a new location on my system.  I put the mod_jk2 in the Apache2 modules directory and updated the httpd.conf file.

I updated/created a workers2.properties file and updated the jk2.properties file.   I haven't made any changes to server.xml under Tomcat.   I don't plan on using Tomcat-Web-Server on 8080, I'd prefer to use Apache2 on port 80.

Even though http://localhost works for static HTML, I'd like to get http://localhost/examples to work with Tomcat.

Depending on the workers2.properties file, I get different results. Sometimes it says: channelSocket.open() connection failed to localhost 8009.   This probably means Tomcat is not running which is why I want Apache startup to startup Tomcat.

Thanks.

                                            Tom