Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/23 00:54:20 UTC

Donation of Geode Docs [was: Re: What will it take to release geode 1.0?]

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Dave Barnes <db...@pivotal.io> wrote:

> We plan at some point to donate the docs so they'll be incorporated into
> the repo. Is this a prerequisite to graduating from incubation?

What is the status of the docs being donated? I raise this because the
Cassandra project was recently given a hard time by a board member about
docs hosted on a vendor site[1].

[1] http://markmail.org/message/uqsizgjxi7lwjcv7

Niall

Re: Donation of Geode Docs [was: Re: What will it take to release geode 1.0?]

Posted by Joey McAllister <jm...@pivotal.io>.
Ok, great. Thanks, Jens!

Posted by Jens Deppe <jd...@pivotal.io>.
Joey,

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 5:51 PM, Joey McAllister <jm...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Regarding the repo: Do Apache projects usually use the same repo for code
> and for documentation, or do they separate them so that adding to or
> editing the docs doesn't necessitate kicking off an application build?

You can do it either way. Personally the only thing I feel strongly
about is that
docs should be part of the release artifacts for every Geode release. If they
are maintained in the same repo -- it simplifies release automation, but I think
either way can be accommodated.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Donation of Geode Docs [was: Re: What will it take to release geode 1.0?]

Posted by Joey McAllister <jm...@pivotal.io>.
Hi all,

Posted by Nitin Lamba <nl...@apache.org>.
From a technology readiness perspective, hosting the docs on a different