Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ananya Sen <an...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/11 06:53:43 UTC

Kafka Mirror Maker 2.0

I was exploring the Mirror maker 2.0. I read through this

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-382%3A+MirrorMaker+2.0 documentation and I have  a few questions.

1) For running mirror maker as a dedicated mirror maker cluster, the documentation specifies a config file and a starter script. Is this mirror maker process distributed ? Can it be run across multiple servers which co-ordinate among themselves.

2) I could not find any port configuration for the above mirror maker process, So can we configure mirror maker itself to run as a cluster i.e running the process instance across multiple server to avoid downtime due to server crash.

3) If we could somehow run the mirror maker as a distributed process then does that mean that topic and consumer offset replication will be shared among those mirror maker processes?

4) What is the default port of this mirror maker process and how can we override it?