Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/06 01:32:45 UTC

Re: iOS newtmgr app evaluation

Wow. What an Amazing dashboard view. I didnt even know all these stats were
in there. Thanks!

Posted by Kevin Townsend <ke...@adafruit.com>.
Perhaps it's a limitation of the group mailing list ... no images here
either, but not a huge problem.

For the firmware uploading process, what I don't like today is the very
manual process that requires some previous knowledge. You first have to
upload your image, then reset, then select the new image and click
'confirm' (or revert) and then reset again. You will also see an error
when confirming since the return code is not 0 but it's still a
non-error I believe, though it's been a while. I just think this could
be easier for customers (one click updates ideally), but I'm afraid the
entire update process and the various edge cases around it (failed
transfer, failed confirm, etc.) were a bit hazy, and this underwent some
fairly active development just before the 1.0.0 release so it was hard
to keep track of the changes 100% of the time.

The more eyes that look at it the better an eventual release will be,
though, so thanks for testing!

Kevin

Posted by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Townsend <ke...@adafruit.com>.
Hi Jacob,

Posted by Jacob Rosenthal <ja...@gmail.com>.
Ill have to steal views like these for the web ble app.
For anyone not in yet

[image: Inline image 1][image: Inline image 2][image: Inline image 3]