Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2007/04/01 00:52:13 UTC

RE: dependency:unpack unzipping .tgz files after HTTP downloads

Steinar,
Putting explicit versions should force it. The only caveat is that it
seems that once maven picks a version in a multi-module build, it uses
that throughout the build, regardless of individual poms.

Looking over the change log[1], I don't see anything that would affect
this between the builds. Certainly alpha-2,3,4 are identical with
regards to the copy/unpack mojos as the only difference in 3&4 where new
analyze mojos.

[1]
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEP?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.sy
stem.project:changelog-panel

--Brian

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.

> Putting explicit versions should force it. The only caveat is that
> it seems that once maven picks a version in a multi-module build, it
> uses that throughout the build, regardless of individual poms.

> Looking over the change log[1], I don't see anything that would
> affect this between the builds.

Neither did I.  Turns out the problem is with maven-2.0.5, that others
had been installing, since had become the default maven release.

If I build with maven-2.0.5 I see the issue, if I build with
maven-2.0.4 (without any local repo changes, except deleting the
offending ungzipped .tgz files), it goes away.

So my guess is that the issue is with the built-in HTTP support of
maven, rather than in any plugins.

Since 2.0.6 seems to be the current maven release, I tried it as
well.  But 2.0.6 got a null pointer exception trying to build our
maven project.