Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Piotr Kołaczkowski <p....@sages.com.pl> on 2011/12/07 19:46:05 UTC

Frame resizing bug

Hi,

When I set Frame property resizable="false" - the resize handle in the
right-bottom corner is not visible, but I can still resize the window,
by clicking at the right bottom corner of the window.
How to make it non-resizable totally?

Also resizing resizable Frames is somehow problematic - if I start
dragging the mouse too fast, the window doesn't start resizing. I have
to position the cursor over the handle in the right bottom corner, then
press LMB without moving the cursor, and then move. If I click it and
then start moving too fast or too early, it just ignores me.

Regards,
Piotr

Re: Frame resizing bug

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
so if there is a workaround we can delay the fix for this for 2.0.2 (and
merged in 2.1 too), ok ?
And add a ticket for it in jira (maybe in attach even a minimal test if
there isn't already one) to not forget it ... if someone can, or I'll do it
in next days.

Bye

Re: Frame resizing bug

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
Ticket created & patch attached (rather than interrupting Sandro's
release preparations)

Re: Frame resizing bug

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
> W dniu 2011-12-08 16:44, Chris Bartlett pisze:
> On Dec 8, 2011 1:46 AM, "Piotr Kołaczkowski" <p....@sages.com.pl>
> wrote:
>>
>> When I set Frame property resizable="false" - the resize handle in the
>> right-bottom corner is not visible, but I can still resize the window, by
>> clicking at the right bottom corner of the window.
>> How to make it non-resizable totally?
>
> I haven't noticed this behaviour before, but will try to confirm when back
> at my dev machine.

I can confirm that this does happen with trunk and looks to be a
simple bug where the value of the 'resizable' style is not being
checked in
org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.TerraFrameSkin.mouseDown(Component,
Button, int, int) before setting the 'resizeOffset'

I'll add a JIRA ticket shortly.

Re: Frame resizing bug

Posted by Piotr Kołaczkowski <p....@sages.com.pl>.

Re: Frame resizing bug

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I set Frame property resizable="false" - the resize handle in the
right-bottom corner is not visible, but I can still resize the window, by
clicking at the right bottom corner of the window.
> How to make it non-resizable totally?

I haven't noticed this behaviour before, but will try to confirm when back
at my dev machine.

What version of Pivot are you using?

Can you see the same behaviour on any of the tutorials or demos on the
website?

> Also resizing resizable Frames is somehow problematic - if I start
dragging the mouse too fast, the window doesn't start resizing. I have to
position the cursor over the handle in the right bottom corner, then press
LMB without moving the cursor, and then move. If I click it and then start
moving too fast or too early, it just ignores me.

I am aware of this and intended to look at it when making frames resizeable
from all sides & corners rather than just the bottom right corner.

We would welcome any patches if you tackle these issues yourself.

Chris