Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/10 20:55:36 UTC

[jci] Deprecated? :)

On 12/10/05, Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 10.12.2005, at 00:52, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
>
> > Can anyone comment on what [jci] would be useful for?
>
> Sorry for the delay ...was on the plane to San Diego :)
>
> JCI - Java Compiler Interface aims to provide a common
> API to for all compilers that generate java classes. So
> far it supports

Does the new Mustang compiler API replace JCI in concept, or is there
something more detailed about JCI?

Hen

Re: [jci] Deprecated? :)

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> I won't claim to have a clue, but one idea might be to talk to Harmony
> about their someday implementation of the JSR. Is there a value for
> JCI adapting to be an implementation of the JSR, or would it be like
> asking for an implementation of JDBC - Useless without a context.

Adapting to be an implementation of the JSR ...hm ...sounds like
providing "JDBC" drivers for the different compilers.

Not sure ...just wrote an email to contact the expert group

> Is this effectively the commons-logging equivalent for this JSR?

...for compilers ...basically, yeah

cheers
--
Torsten