Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com> on 2009/11/07 12:59:58 UTC

Re: Timeouts building Rampart 1.5?

Now that Axis2 1.5.1 is out, is Rampart 1.5 back on track for release?

Thanks,

  - Dennis

Glen Daniels wrote:
> Thanks Nandana.
>
> OK, I got Rampart 1.5 building successfully with Axis2 1.5, but I still see
> the lockups happening when I try 1.5.1.  So I'll take a look at this to see
> what's happening and delay the 1.5.1 release until it's resolved.
>
> --Glen
>
> Nandana Mihindukulasooriya wrote:
>
>> Hi Glen,     It seems that it is a SAML2 token test that is failing. After
>> introduction of SAML2 tests you have to endorse some jars to run these
>> tests. It is mentioned in the README file.
>>
>> "Test cases written for SAML 2.0 support requires endorsing the JDK's
>> default JAXP implementation with Xerces(
>> http://xerces.apache.org/mirrors.cgi#binary) and Xalan(
>> http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/downloads.html#latest-release). So before
>> building Rampart from the source distribution, you need to copy
>> resolver-x.x.x.jar, serializer-x.x.x.jar, xercesImpl-x.x.x.jar and
>> xml-apis-x.x.x.jar from the Xerces binary distribution and xalan-x.x.x.jar
>> from the xalan binary distribution to the endorsed directory. If you are
>> using Sun JDK, endorsed directory is located at
>> $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed."
>>
>> Most proelly this should be the reason for above failure. (BTW, do you know
>> a better way to handle this situation when we require some jars to be
>> endorsed to run tests). I wish I could help to figure out the timeout issue
>> but unfortunately I am working for an assignment deadline :(.
>>
>> regards,
>> Nandana
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Nandana:
>>>
>>> Ok, I continued to have problems, so I ended up blowing away my m2
>>> repository, then building the transports trunk, then building Rampart
>>> again.
>>>  Now I'm seeing failures.  Example:

>>> Test set: org.apache.rahas.RahasSAML2TokenCertForHoKTest

>>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 5.36 sec
>>> <<< FAI
>>> LURE!
>>> testRequest(org.apache.rahas.RahasSAML2TokenCertForHoKTest)  Time elapsed:

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,
           Rampart "org.apache.rampart:rampart-integration" module has
a dependency to "org.apache.axis2:axis2-transport-tcp" module from commons
transport and we are waiting for transports 1.0 release [1] which will
happen soon.

thanks,
Nandana

[1] - http://markmail.org/message/k5dvkwctv6hxxhzm