Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by ashok_n <as...@infy.com> on 2001/04/21 08:04:44 UTC

Web Service Invocation from behind proxy servers

Hello,
Are there any known issues about invoking a web service from behind a proxy
server??

To state it more precisely, I am making a SOAP call (GetTemp.java given in
the Apache SOAP samples). This should invoke the "Temperature" web service
at www.xmethods.com. Now in this how do I specify my proxy server
userid/password as our company uses a proxy server to connect to the
internet???

Ashok. N
Infosys Technologies Limited <http://www.infy.com/>
Bangalore
Tel : 8520261 ext 53940

Re: Web Service Invocation from behind proxy servers

Posted by Peter Glynn <gl...@tcd.ie>.
Add code like this and you should be fine,

SOAPHTTPConnection conn = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
 conn.setProxyHost("name-of-your-proxyserver");
   conn.setProxyPort(8080);
  URL url = new URL(" http://services.xmethods.net/soap");
  String urn  = "urn:xmethods-CurrencyExchange";

     Call call = new Call(); // prepare the service invocation
     call.setSOAPTransport(conn);

Peter