Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Tad Stephens <ta...@bea.com> on 2005/02/28 19:18:46 UTC

XML Beans and non-escaped character support

Hello,

I am trying to identify a way to support non-escaped characters with XML
Beans.  I am using WebLogic Server 8.1 and the version of XML Beans
delivered does not provide an option to maintain un-escaped characters
when parsing from a file. Consider the following case where the
following characters are present in an xml file being parsed by XML
Beans:

   <bob>&#33;</bob>

After the file has been parsed the value is !.  There is no option
available to get the original text that was in the file.  Since the data
is coming from a billing system and cannot be changed, I'm hoping there
is an option in XML Beans to accomplish this.

Is there an enhancement in XML Beans to access explicit entity character
text?   Xerces has support for this capability so my question is whether
XML Beans has something similar.

http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/faq-xs.html#faq-2

Thanks,

Tad Stephens