Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Mi...@iff.fraunhofer.de on 2004/12/08 11:50:00 UTC

PBKey

Hello,
i got setup the database and all Tables. I tried to start my Demo
application bu there is an error:

org.apache.ojb.broker.PBFactoryException: There was no default-PBKey
specified
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryBaseImpl.defaultPersistenceBroker(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.ojb.jdori.sql.OjbStoreConnector.begin(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.jdori.common.TransactionImpl.beginInternal(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.jdori.common.TransactionImpl.begin(Unknown Source)
        at org.myProject.appli.Demo.storing(Demo.java:97)
        at org.myProject.appli.Demo.main(Demo.java:110)
Exception in thread "main"

Do u know what is ment with this massege? What do i have to do to solve
this problem?

regards

Michael

Re: PBKey

Posted by Thomas Franke <fr...@softenergy.de>.
Michael.Sack@iff.fraunhofer.de wrote:
> The xml files are in the resources folder wihich is under classes. I tried
> also to out the files directly in the folder classes - with the same
> result.
Have you removed the old work directory before you restarted? That's
sometimes the reason for an error. The changed xml files couldn't be
compiled.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Franke

Geschäftsführer
Leiter Entwicklung
----------------------------
The energy for a better world
----------------------------
softEnergy GmbH
Platz der Freundschaft 1
18059 Rostock
----------------------------
fon: +49 381 40 587 535
fax: +49 381 40 587 555
mobil: +49 1715222015

http://www.softenergy.de
mail: info@softenergy.de

Re: PBKey

Posted by Mi...@iff.fraunhofer.de.
The xml files are in the resources folder wihich is under classes. I tried
also to out the files directly in the folder classes - with the same
result.

[JDO] DEBUG: OjbStoreConnector.begin: connectionReadyForRelease=false
org.apache.ojb.broker.PBFactoryException: There was no default-PBKey
specified
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryBaseImpl.defaultPersistenceBroker(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.ojb.jdori.sql.OjbStoreConnector.begin(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.jdori.common.TransactionImpl.beginInternal(Unknown
Source)
        at com.sun.jdori.common.TransactionImpl.begin(Unknown Source)
        at org.myProject.appli.Demo.storing(Demo.java:97)
        at org.myProject.appli.Demo.main(Demo.java:110)
Exception in thread "main"

There  must be another mistake.

regards

Re: PBKey

Posted by Thomas Franke <fr...@softenergy.de>.
Michael.Sack@iff.fraunhofer.de wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to start the damo.class from the destination folder of this class.
> My repository.xml files are in target \classes\resources. How can i set it
> that he finds this files
I remember at first we had this problem too.
Put it under \classes. That's all.
We have exported our application into a jar file and the repository.xml
is in the root in this jar file. It's the same as under \classes.

regards

Thomas
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Thomas Franke

Geschäftsführer
Leiter Entwicklung
----------------------------

Re: PBKey

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.
Michael.Sack@iff.fraunhofer.de wrote:

>Hello,
>i got setup the database and all Tables. I tried to start my Demo
>application bu there is an error:
>
>org.apache.ojb.broker.PBFactoryException: There was no default-PBKey
>specified
>        at
>org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryBaseImpl.defaultPersistenceBroker(Unknown
>Source)
>        at
>org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker(Unknown
>Source)
>        at org.apache.ojb.jdori.sql.OjbStoreConnector.begin(Unknown
>Source)
>        at com.sun.jdori.common.TransactionImpl.beginInternal(Unknown
>Source)
>        at com.sun.jdori.common.TransactionImpl.begin(Unknown Source)
>        at org.myProject.appli.Demo.storing(Demo.java:97)
>        at org.myProject.appli.Demo.main(Demo.java:110)
>Exception in thread "main"
>
>Do u know what is ment with this massege? What do i have to do to solve
>this problem?

The usual reasons for this error are either that OJB couldn't find the
repository.xml (per default it should be in the directory where you
start the app; if you're using the ojb-blank then you should start the
app in build/resources), or that none of you jdbc-connection-descriptor
entries in repository_database.xml has a default-connection="true" setting.

Tom

RE: PBKey

Posted by Mi...@iff.fraunhofer.de.
 If you mean this part of my repository_database.xml, then "yes" i have set
it. But it can be possible that there is something wrong in my setting. I
use the MySQL 4.1 Server and Java 1.4.2.

   <jdbc-connection-descriptor
                jcd-alias="default"
                default-connection="true"
                platform="MySQL"
                jdbc-level="3.0"
                driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
                protocol="jdbc"
                subprotocol="mysql"
                dbalias="//localhost/test"
                username="root"
                password="hannibal"
                batch-mode="false"
        useAutoCommit="1"
        ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false"

regards

Michael

RE: PBKey

Posted by Daniel Perry <d....@netcase.co.uk>.
Have you got a default connection-descriptor set up in
repository_database.xml properly?

Are OJB.properties/repository***.xml (x4) all in classpath?

Daniel.