Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Peri Subrahmanya <pe...@htcinc.com> on 2013/04/24 18:58:19 UTC

SOLR Install

I m trying to use solr as part of another maven based web application. I m
not sure how to wire the two war files. Any help please? I found this
documentation in SOLR but unsure how to go about it.

<!-- If you are wiring Solr into a larger web application which controls
         the web context root, you will probably want to mount Solr under
         a path prefix (app.war with /app/solr mounted into it, for
example).
         You will need to put this prefix in front of the
SolrDispatchFilter
         url-pattern mapping too (/solr/*), and also on any paths for
         legacy Solr servlet mappings you may be using.
         For the Admin UI to work properly in a path-prefixed
configuration,
         the admin folder containing the resources needs to be under the
app context root
         named to match the path-prefix.  For example:

            .war
               xxx
                 js
                   main.js
    -->
    <!--
    <init-param>
      <param-name>path-prefix</param-name>
      <param-value>/xxx</param-value>
    </init-param>
    -->

Thank you,
Peri Subrahmanya

On 4/24/13 12:52 PM, "Michael Della Bitta"
<mi...@appinions.com> wrote:

>"solrservice.php" and the text of that error both sound like parts of
>Typo3... they're definitely not part of Solr. You should ask on a list
>devoted to Typo3 to figure out what to do in this situation. It likely
>won't involve reconfiguring Solr.
>
>Michael Della Bitta

>Appinions
>18 East 41st Street, 2nd Floor
>New York, NY 10017-6271
>
>www.appinions.com
>
>Where Influence Isn¹t a Game
>

>On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM, vishal gupta <vi...@yahoo.co.in>
>wrote:
>> Hi i am using Solr 4.2.0 and extension 2.8.2  with Typo3. Whever I try
>>to do
>> indexing pages and news pages It gets only 3.29% indexed. I checked a
>> developer log and found error in solrservice.php. And in solr admin it
>>is
>> giving "Dups is not defined please add it". What should i do in this
>>case?
>> If possible please send me the settings of schema.xml and
>>solrconfig.xml .i
>> am new to typo3 and solr both.
>>

>> --

*** DISCLAIMER *** This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.
NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind HTC Global Services to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose.

Re: SOLR Install

Posted by jnduan <jn...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peri,
I think that document mesa you can deploy your own web app and solr in one container like tomcat,but with different
 context path.
If you want to bring solr in your project, you just need add some maven dependencies like:
<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
            <artifactId>solr-core</artifactId>
            <version>4.2.1</version>
 </dependency>
<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.solr</groupId>
            <artifactId>solr-test-framework</artifactId>
            <version>${solr.version}</version>
 </dependency>

This is what I do exactly.
Then you need to prefer a 'solr.home' dir in your project,and write some code in web.xml to configure some filter and servlet what solr need.I copied those configures and some admin page form solr.war.

I hope this could help ,best regards!

在 2013-4-25,上午12:58,Peri Subrahmanya <pe...@htcinc.com> 写道: