Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jose Antonio Pla <jp...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/02 04:47:52 UTC

configuresubversion in microsoft windows

Hello:

I'm tryng to install a subversion server in my pc. I use microsoft windows and I've already instaled subversion and apache web server. I was created a repository and imported a project's folders to it. All is fine, but, when I try to configure my repository to be able accessed thru http I've some preoblems.

I configure the apache server to load the dav and svn modules yet, and create a location as follow:

<Location /svn>
  #DAV svn
  # any /svn/foo URL will map to a repository C:/svn/foo
  # I've only got it working using SVNPath!!
  SVNParentPath d:/svn
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Subversion repository"
  AuthUserFile d:/svn/.htaccess
  Require valid-user
  AuthzSVNAccessFile d:/svn/.htusers
  #Allow from all
</Location>

Now, when i try to access to the repository thru the http the server response is a forbbiden.

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /svn on this server.

I was revised the FAQs and read some topics of the book but I don't have any idea what's happen.

regards

jpla

Correo Yahoo!

Re: configuresubversion in microsoft windows

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 2, 2006, at 05:47, Jose Antonio Pla wrote:

> <Location /svn>
>   #DAV svn
>   # any /svn/foo URL will map to a repository C:/svn/foo
>   # I've only got it working using SVNPath!!
>   SVNParentPath d:/svn
>   AuthType Basic
>   AuthName "Subversion repository"
>   AuthUserFile d:/svn/.htaccess
>   Require valid-user
>   AuthzSVNAccessFile d:/svn/.htusers
>   #Allow from all
> </Location>
>
> Now, when i try to access to the repository thru the http the
> server response is a forbbiden.
>
> Forbidden
> Yo u don't have permission to access /svn on this server.
>
> I was revised the FAQs and read some topics of the book but I don't
> have any idea what's happen.

Please read this message:

http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-02/1309.shtml

Re: configuresubversion in microsoft windows

Posted by Jose Antonio Pla <jp...@yahoo.com>.
I believe that the problem in with the apache configuration, cause I was remove the autorization requirement and I've got the same error. Somebody has any idea?

regards

jpla

Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.si> escribió: Jose Antonio Pla  wrote on 02.03.2006 05:47:52:

> Hello:
>
> I'm tryng to install a subversion server in my pc. I use microsoft
> windows and I've already instaled subversion and apache web server. I
> was created a repository and imported a project's folders to it. All
> is fine, but, when I try to configure my repository to be able
> accessed thru http I've some preoblems.

First of all uncomment the DAV svn line, it is necessary. Other than that,
it seems OK, but we'd need to see you AuthzSVNAccessFile d:/svn/.htusers
Also, put a slash at the end of URL path .

Also, unless you turn on SVNListParentPath , the svn will not be
accessible to you.

Cheers,
---
  Miha Vitorovic
  In¾enir v tehniènem podroèju
  Customer Support Engineer

   NIL Data Communications,  Tivolska cesta 48,  1000 Ljubljana,  Slovenia
   Phone +386 1 4746 500      Fax +386 1 4746 501     http://www.NIL.si

Posted by Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.si>.
Jose Antonio Pla <jp...@yahoo.com> wrote on 02.03.2006 19:47:20:

> I believe that the problem in with the apache configuration, cause I
> was remove the autorization requirement and I've got the same error.
> Somebody has any idea?
>
> Now it's as fallow:

What, if anything, do the Apache error log and access log say?

Cheers,
---
  Miha Vitorovic
  Inženir v tehničnem področju

Posted by Jose Antonio Pla <jp...@yahoo.com>.
I believe that the problem in with the apache configuration, cause I was remove the autorization requirement and I've got the same error. Somebody has any idea?

Now it's as fallow:

<Location /svn/>
   DAV svn
   SVNParentPath d:/svn
   #AuthType Basic
   #AuthName "Subversion repository"
   #AuthUserFile d:/svn/.htaccess
   #Require valid-user
   #Satisfy Any

Posted by Miha Vitorovic <mv...@nil.si>.
Jose Antonio Pla <jp...@yahoo.com> wrote on 02.03.2006 05:47:52:

> Hello:
>
> I'm tryng to install a subversion server in my pc. I use microsoft
> windows and I've already instaled subversion and apache web server. I
> was created a repository and imported a project's folders to it. All
> is fine, but, when I try to configure my repository to be able
> accessed thru http I've some preoblems.

First of all uncomment the DAV svn line, it is necessary. Other than that,
it seems OK, but we'd need to see you AuthzSVNAccessFile d:/svn/.htusers
Also, put a slash at the end of URL path <Location /svn/>.