Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Anders Norrbring <li...@norrbring.se> on 2006/08/21 16:52:12 UTC

How can I (we) get rid of this?

Hiya all!
I'm getting really sick on recieving 10-100 of the attached mails every
day. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?  Apparently my
Amavis-new and SpamAssassin only tags them from 0 to 1.6 points.

--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Anders Norrbring <li...@norrbring.se>.
jdow skrev:
> From: "Anders Norrbring" <li...@norrbring.se>
>
>> Stuart Johnston skrev:
>>>
>>> FuzzyOCR, ImageInfo, SARE, sa-update.
>>
>> I haven't looked at FuzzyOCR or ImageInfo at all, are they compatible
>> with SA 2.64?
>
> The world is not compatible with 2.64. Update if at ALL possible.
> (Note the special issues that may exist with bayes files.)
>
> {o.o}

I've noticed.. :)
I had been hoping I'd be able to put together a completely new mail
server for quite some time, but haven't been able to find the time
needed.  As long as the running one is "working", I prefer not to mess
too much with it.
I'll look into the SA upgrade though.

Thanks for all answers!

--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Anders Norrbring" <li...@norrbring.se>

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 05:36:40PM +0200, Anders Norrbring wrote:
> I haven't looked at FuzzyOCR or ImageInfo at all, are they compatible
> with SA 2.64?

No.  They're plugins, which would require SA 3.0 or later.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
.senilgat gnidaer emit hcum oot dneps uoY

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Anders Norrbring <li...@norrbring.se>.
Stuart Johnston skrev:
> Anders Norrbring wrote:
>> Hiya all!
>> I'm getting really sick on recieving 10-100 of the attached mails
>> every day. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?  Apparently my
>> Amavis-new and SpamAssassin only tags them from 0 to 1.6 points.
>
> FuzzyOCR, ImageInfo, SARE, sa-update.

I haven't looked at FuzzyOCR or ImageInfo at all, are they compatible
with SA 2.64?

I run RulesDuJour with these rulesets TRUSTED_RULESETS="TRIPWIRE
SARE_EVILNUMBERS0 SARE_EVILNUMBERS1 SARE_EVILNUMBERS2 SARE_HTML0
SARE_UNSUB SARE_URI0 SARE_OBFU0 SARE_WHITELIST SARE_RANDOM SARE_REDIRECT
SARE_BAYES_POISON_NXM SARE_CODING SARE_HEADER SARE_SPECIFIC SARE_ADULT
SARE_BML SARE_FRAUD SARE_SPOOF SARE_RANDOM SARE_OEM SARE_HIGHRISK ";

Seems like none of them grabs it.

--

Anders Norrbring
Norrbring Consulting

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.
Vivek Khera wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2006, at 11:04 AM, Stuart Johnston wrote:
>
>> Anders Norrbring wrote:
>>> Hiya all!
>>> I'm getting really sick on recieving 10-100 of the attached mails
>>> every day. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?  Apparently my
>>> Amavis-new and SpamAssassin only tags them from 0 to 1.6 points.
>>
>> FuzzyOCR, ImageInfo, SARE, sa-update.
>
> Well sa-update and SARE (at least the sets I use -- you should be more
> specific) don't help.

The specific message that was posted hit for me on:

SARE_OBFU_SOFT from 70_sare_obfu.cf
SARE_GIF_ATTACH from 70_sare_stocks.cf
TVD_FW_GRAPHIC_ID3 from sa-update

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Vivek Khera <vi...@khera.org>.

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Stuart Johnston <st...@ebby.com>.

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Richard <op...@gmail.com>.

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by John Rudd <jr...@ucsc.edu>.

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "DAve" <da...@pixelhammer.com>
> jdow wrote:
>> From: "Anders Norrbring" <li...@norrbring.se>
>>
>>> Hiya all!
>>> I'm getting really sick on recieving 10-100 of the attached mails
>>> every day. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?  Apparently my
>>> Amavis-new and SpamAssassin only tags them from 0 to 1.6 points.
>>
>> FuzzyOcr
>> FuzzyOcr
>> FuzzyOcr
>>
>> I tell you three times so it must be true. (Sorry Reverend Dodgson.)
>>
>> Seriously visit http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FuzzyOcrPlugin.
>> Downloading and installing is a breeze.
>
> I really don't want to install X on my mailgateways. It would have to be
> as good as URIBL and SURBL before I would consider that.
>
> Is there a way around the dependencies? The FreeBSD port shows the
> following, xorg-libraries-6.9.0, ghostscript-gnu-7.07_15, teTeX-3.0_1,
> tcl-8.4.13_1 (TCL?), and all their dependancies. Plus a lot more.

I have no idea. I'd install X, block it with the firewall and all
that, and run init level 3. It eats hard disk. But it doesn't touch
the run time system.

> I'd need to look at configure --help.
>
> DAve

{^_^}

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Vivek Khera <vi...@khera.org>.
On Aug 21, 2006, at 9:55 PM, DAve wrote:

> Is there a way around the dependencies? The FreeBSD port shows the
> following, xorg-libraries-6.9.0, ghostscript-gnu-7.07_15,
> teTeX-3.0_1, tcl-8.4.13_1 (TCL?), and all their dependancies. Plus
> a lot more.

which port?  i can't find fuzzyocr port in freebsd collection.

in any case, usually if you set WITHOUT_X11=YES in /etc/make.conf you
usually don't get the X dependencies when building ports.  Sometimes
you also have to set WITHOUT_GUI=YES also.

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Duane Hill <d....@yournetplus.com>.
On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Kevin Golding wrote:

> In article <44...@pixelhammer.com>, DAve
> <da...@pixelhammer.com> writes
>> I really don't want to install X on my mailgateways. It would have to be
>> as good as URIBL and SURBL before I would consider that.
>>
>> Is there a way around the dependencies? The FreeBSD port shows the
>> following, xorg-libraries-6.9.0, ghostscript-gnu-7.07_15, teTeX-3.0_1,
>> tcl-8.4.13_1 (TCL?), and all their dependancies. Plus a lot more.
>
> # cd /usr/ports/print/teTeX
> # make -DWITHOUT_X11 install clean
> # cd /usr/ports/graphics/gocr
> # make -DWITHOUT_X11 install clean
>
> No promises but I suspect that should install it without the unneeded X
> stuff :-)
>
> Kevin

That would be correct. You can also use 'WITHOUT_X11=yes' instead of
'-DWITHOUT_X11' as well (of course without the single quotes).

--
"This message was sent using 100% recycled electrons."

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by Kevin Golding <ke...@caomhin.demon.co.uk>.

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by DAve <da...@pixelhammer.com>.
jdow wrote:
> From: "Anders Norrbring" <li...@norrbring.se>
>
>> Hiya all!
>> I'm getting really sick on recieving 10-100 of the attached mails
>> every day. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?  Apparently my
>> Amavis-new and SpamAssassin only tags them from 0 to 1.6 points.
>
> FuzzyOcr
> FuzzyOcr
> FuzzyOcr
>
> I tell you three times so it must be true. (Sorry Reverend Dodgson.)
>
> Seriously visit http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FuzzyOcrPlugin.
> Downloading and installing is a breeze.

I really don't want to install X on my mailgateways. It would have to be
as good as URIBL and SURBL before I would consider that.

Is there a way around the dependencies? The FreeBSD port shows the
following, xorg-libraries-6.9.0, ghostscript-gnu-7.07_15, teTeX-3.0_1,
tcl-8.4.13_1 (TCL?), and all their dependancies. Plus a lot more.

I'd need to look at configure --help.

DAve

Veterans?

Re: How can I (we) get rid of this?

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Anders Norrbring" <li...@norrbring.se>

> Hiya all!
> I'm getting really sick on recieving 10-100 of the attached mails every
> day. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them?  Apparently my
> Amavis-new and SpamAssassin only tags them from 0 to 1.6 points.

FuzzyOcr
FuzzyOcr
FuzzyOcr

I tell you three times so it must be true. (Sorry Reverend Dodgson.)

Seriously visit http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/FuzzyOcrPlugin.
Downloading and installing is a breeze. (I'm using the one from the
14th. A mouse told me, accurately or not, the one from the 17th might
be troublesome.)

{^_^}