Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Victor Cardona <vc...@covad.net> on 2005/02/08 03:17:19 UTC

Signing a jar

I am sure this has been asked before, so I appologize ahead of time.  I
am looking to sign an applet's jar file before calling
jar:install-snapshot.  Can I do this through Maven?  I tried to do it
manually, but when I called jar:install-snapshot, it recreated the jar
file overwriting the signed version.

Thanks,
Victor

Re: Signing a jar

Posted by Victor Cardona <vc...@covad.net>.
Victor Cardona wrote:

> I am sure this has been asked before, so I appologize ahead of time.
> I am looking to sign an applet's jar file before calling
> jar:install-snapshot.  Can I do this through Maven?  I tried to do it
> manually, but when I called jar:install-snapshot, it recreated the jar
> file overwriting the signed version.
>
> Thanks,
> Victor

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that I solved this problem by
creating a new goal called "sign_jar" in the project's maven.xml file.
I then used <attainGoal/> from a <preGoal> for
jar:install-snapshot.goal  That did the trick.

Victor