Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Mark van der Voort <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/25 11:48:43 UTC

Using joranconfig for DBAppender

I am using Log4j v1.3a6.

I am trying to configure a DBappender using JoranConfigurator and I am
running across several problems/options.

1. The DBAppender wants a connectionSource. I cannot specify it as a
param since params are restricted to string values.
2. I might want an implicit rule for a "connectionSource" tag.
3. I might want to adapt the JoranInterpreter.

I do not know which would be the best option to proceed.

Besides the above i am running into the problem that the DBAppender
code does not externalize its SQL. I am trying to use it against DB2,
in which TIMESTAMP is a reserved name. Apart from that do the fields
not adhere to our local naming convention. Would it be an option to
allow for externalization of the schema mapping (e.g. a la iBatis
maps?)

All suggestions are welcome

Mark van der Voort