Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Papadopoulos Nikos <ni...@csd.uoc.gr> on 2001/09/25 17:04:17 UTC

I can see jsp examples

I have jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3 and although I can see the servlets examples
working properly, I cannot see the jsp examples working. The same error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main

any ideas....?

Thanx.

Nick

Re: I can see jsp examples

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
 Hi Papadopoulos,

This may be because the JSP engine can not find the
Java compiler, javac. Make sure JAVA_HOME is set to
the location of the JDK. It's like this on my system:

   $ echo $JAVA_HOME
    /usr/local/jdk1.3.1

hth,
yan