Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Igor Kuzmenko <f1...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/04 10:28:05 UTC

Does HIVE JDBC return same sequence of records?

If I perform query "*SELECT * FROM table t WHERE t.partition = value" *with
Hive JDBC several times is there garantee, that when I will iterate throw
result set I get records in the same order every time?
Intuitively, it feels yes, because in that query ther's no MapReduce and
hive just read data from HDFS directory.

Re: Does HIVE JDBC return same sequence of records?

Posted by Damien Carol <da...@gmail.com>.
There are no garantee.

Use a SORT BY and LIMIT BY if you want some sort of fixed result set.