Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Cassandra Targett <ct...@apache.org> on 2015/12/02 19:26:07 UTC

Solr Ref Guide for 5.4

I'll offer to manage the Ref Guide release for 5.4.

Uwe, will you update the CWIKI javadoc links to point to the 5_4_0 paths?
As described here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+How+Javadoc+Links+Work#Internal-HowJavadocLinksWork-GuidePublishing:ChangingVersionsInAllLinks
.

Hoss and others have already done a lot of work organizing the TODO list
and getting most of the new features & changes documented, but we always
miss a few items in each release and have a backlog of smaller changes.
Please take a look and help out where you can:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+TODO+List.

I'd like to get an RC up as soon as there is an RC for Lucene/Solr, and
we're pretty close to having one of those. If you do take on some edits,
please communicate (in the TODO list or reply to this thread) so we know
where you're at if a Lucene/Solr RC is released.

I've put up a pre-RC of the Ref Guide at
http://people.apache.org/~ctargett/SolrRefGuide-drafts/ApacheSolrRefGuide-pre5.4.pdf
for people to take a look in advance of an RC.

(I see one problem already that I will work on fixing, which is the nav
that appears in the web UI at the bottom of every page is now showing up in
the PDF. That is supposed to be hidden, so something has changed in
Confluence between releases.)

Thanks,
Cassandra

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.4

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ct...@apache.org>.
Great, thanks Uwe, looks good!

All - I'll try to get an RC of the Ref Guide up before Monday.

RE: Solr Ref Guide for 5.4

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

Done already!

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

I hadn't had a chance to check if you'd been able to do this until today, and noticed that it doesn't seem to be done. So, a gentle reminder that we still need this when you have a chance :)

Thanks.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de <ma...@thetaphi.de> > wrote:

Will do in an hour!

Uwe

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.4

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ct...@apache.org>.
Hi Uwe,

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.4

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Will do in an hour!

Uwe

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.4

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ct...@apache.org>.
FWIW, the problem I mentioned in the pre-RC is fixed so those nav elements
will disappear when I make an RC of the guide.