Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2003/10/23 13:25:52 UTC

struts-menu

Hi All,
I am writing the menu part of my app right now and I have basically made
us of tiles-def.xml to specify what links I want in each page, which
seems a very handy way of doing it.

In my menu Tile I have a couple of links as well that will always appear
and vary depending on whether the user is logged in & what role they have.

Then I remembered that there is a struts-menu add-on at sourceforge,
which I checked out. I was looking for anything that I might have
forgotten that could pop up later and bite me.

Obviously it wasn't exactly possible to find such unknown info, so I
thought I'd list my menu requirements here and see if any can tell me
that I've forgotten something important.

Basically the site is a small e-commerce outfit selling webservices. My
menu is meant to be / do the following:

(1) a run-of-the-mill list of context relative links
(2) no javascript
(3) several permanent, static links, e.g. home, about, contact
(4) several permanent toggling links, e.g. register or login or logout
(5) several context sensitive links, e.g. to other components of the site

That seems to be it AFAIK.

Any comments would be welcome,
thanks
Adam