Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com> on 2022/06/02 23:32:35 UTC

[C++] Can we remove cpp/src/arrow/dbi/hiveserver2?

Hi,

We have Hive adapter in cpp/src/arrow/dbi/hiveserver2 but
it's not maintained. Can we remove this?

Reasons:

1. I got build errors when I build it on master by
   -DARROW_HIVESERVER2=ON. See
   https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/13292 for a fix of the
   build errors.

   We don't receive any bug report of it. It seems that
   nobody uses our Hive adapter.

2. We don't have a CI job that enables our Hive adapter.

3. Apache Arrow Flight SQL or Apache Arrow Database
   Connectivity may implement a feature to connect to Hive
   in future.

kou

Re: [C++] Can we remove cpp/src/arrow/dbi/hiveserver2?

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi,

There is no objection. I'll remove
cpp/src/arrow/dbi/hiveserver2/: