Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Sommers <ry...@gamersimpact.com> on 2005/01/05 22:25:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Blocking dot-star ("hidden") files/directories

I've been attempting to come up with some set of
<Directory><DirectoryMatch><Files><FilesMatch> directives that will block
Anything of the form:

.*
.*/*
*/.*/*

Basically, block all hidden (.*) filename and block all files within .*
directories.

Thus far, the exact solution has eluded me.

<FilesMatch "^\.[^.]">

works for the files aspect. But I can't come up with anything for the
directory side.

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans@gamersimpact.com