Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/06 13:54:26 UTC

JIRA version cleanup

I was looking at the published 5.5.1 Changes.html and noticed that there was no release date associated with the 5.3.2 release, and so I went and looked at the JIRA version management pages, which is where this information is drawn from when Changes.html is built:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/LUCENE/versions>
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/SOLR/versions>

I noticed that as far as JIRA was concerned, 5.3.2 and 6.0.0 had never been released, and had no release dates.  So I added release dates for those two, and added missing descriptions, and archived older placeholder versions that were never released.

Anshum, notice that I did not “release” 5.5.1 and add a release date.

Release managers apparently aren’t always following the “Update JIRA” section in the ReleaseToDo: <http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseTodo#Update_JIRA>

--
Steve
www.lucidworks.com