Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Christopher R Newman <ch...@alcatel.com> on 2004/09/24 21:16:24 UTC

[users@httpd] How to change compile-time constant

Hey everyone,
    Is there a way to modify some environment variable or something to
change compile-time constants?  If not and I have to recompile apache,
can I safely do so without altering or losing any of the files I've
added (cgi's, conf's, etc.).  I would like to change the compile-time
constant while leaving everything else as intact as possible so the
server won't be down long.
    One more question.  Can I disable the
DEFAULT_LIMIT_REQUEST_FIELDSIZE or do I have to set it to a REALLY huge
number?  I want to be able to modify the LimitRequestFieldsize directive
so I can send lots of cookie info in the header.

Thanks in advance,
Chris