Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by DBDavide <db...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/04 18:04:22 UTC

Custom wsdl and element names

Hi, I'm still stuck behind this...maybe it's a silly question:

Is it possible to force Axis2 to use element names specified in my custom
wsdl?

I'm using a custom wsdl. I can see my wsdl correctly exposed through my
browser.

For a dummy service method:

public String getConfigurationFile ()
{
    return "dummyReply";
}

My custom wsdl contains:

<xs:element name="getAlertFileResponse">
  <xs:complexType>
    <xs:sequence>
      <xs:element name="outputParam" nillable="true" type="xs:string" />
    </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

I just changed the line from:

<xs:element name="return" nillable="true" type="xs:string" />

<xs:element name="outputParam" nillable="true" type="xs:string" />

Unfortunately when I call that method, on the wire, from the SOAPMonitor I
still see:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
  <soapenv:Header />
  <soapenv:Body>
    <ns:getConfigurationFileResponse xmlns:ns="http://neo.sogei.com/xsd">
      <ns:return>dummyReply</ns:return>
    </ns:getConfigurationFileResponse>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

So I guess that Axis is still using reflection to create the element name.

So how to force Axis to use my element names?

Bye

--
Davide