Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by evi <ev...@evi.pri.ee> on 2007/02/05 17:55:54 UTC

BUILD ERROR: Error getting POM for 'mockrunner:mockrunner' from the repository

Hello!

Can anybody advise how to get over of error getting POM (mockrunner) from
repositories?

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: mockrunner:mockrunner

Reason: Error getting POM for 'mockrunner:mockrunner' from the repository:
Error
 transferring file   mockrunner:mockrunner:pom:0.2.7

from the specified remote repositories:
  org.apache (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2),
  com.bluesunrise.m1 (http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven),
  com.bluesunrise.m2 (http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven2),
  org.codehaus (http://dist.codehaus.org)

Thanks in advance,
Evi

RE: BUILD ERROR: Error getting POM for 'mockrunner:mockrunner' from the repository

Posted by evi <ev...@evi.pri.ee>.
Thanks, Philip, your settings.xml file was really helpful, I got finally the
minimum portal application up!!!

Might it be that the  <!-- Drivers path configured database profile --> that
was commented in tutorial recources settings.xml just needed to be
uncommented? In any case, I attach my settings.xml that helped me further to
this e-mail, maybe it's useful for somebody in the future:-)

Evi

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
I'm running maven 2 like this.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: BUILD ERROR: Error getting POM for 'mockrunner:mockrunner' from the repository

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mikko,

On 2/6/07, Mikko Wuokko <mi...@evtek.fi> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> There are com.mockrunner / mockrunner / 0.3.1 jars available for both
> Maven2 (with pom) and Maven1 in the repo1. Would it be possible to
> change in to this version? Or will it break something in the build?
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/mockrunner/mockrunner/0.3.1/
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven/com.mockrunner/jars/

I think it is best to not upgrade at this time. As we are trying to
cut a release soon. I would rather test j2 than the build at this
time. But right after the release we will be upgrading quite a few
dependencies. I saw that xalan has release 2.7.0

Philip

> -Mikko
>
> Javier padron wrote:
> > Hi Philip
> >
> > In any case, there is some site where can download
> > 'mockrunner-0.2.7.pom', or it is not a necessary file (important) for
> > this case?
> >

> > Thanks again!
> >

> > On 2/5/07, Javier padron <jp...@nartexsoft.com> wrote:
> >> The file 'mockrunner-0.2.7.jar' indeed is in
> >> http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven2/repository.zip, but the file
> >> 'mockrunner-0.2.7.pom' is not it.
> >
> > This is true.
> >
> >> Problems is not with jar file.
> >
> > I think you can get around this by running with mvn -o
> >
> > To indicate that you are running offline.
> >
> > Philip
> >

> >> And I agree in which the dependencies online are not absolutely good,
> >> I take just a short time working with Maven, and sincerely it would
> >> prefer to download 200MB and to be safe that I have all the necessary
> >> to work with my application, instead of having to be looking for jar
> >> libs arrownd the Web.
> >>
> >> Finally just in case, we ended downloading complete repository (more
> >> than if the application included all its dependencies).
> >>
> >> The idea is not good, but the implementation is not it as much: ( .
> >>

> >> Javier.-

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: BUILD ERROR: Error getting POM for 'mockrunner:mockrunner' from the repository

Posted by Mikko Wuokko <mi...@evtek.fi>.
Hi.

Posted by Javier padron <jp...@nartexsoft.com>.
Hi Philip

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Javier,

On 2/5/07, Javier padron <jp...@nartexsoft.com> wrote:
> The file 'mockrunner-0.2.7.jar' indeed is in
> http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven2/repository.zip, but the file
> 'mockrunner-0.2.7.pom' is not it.

This is true.

> Problems is not with jar file.

I think you can get around this by running with mvn -o

To indicate that you are running offline.

Philip

> And I agree in which the dependencies online are not absolutely good, I
> take just a short time working with Maven, and sincerely it would prefer
> to download 200MB and to be safe that I have all the necessary to work
> with my application, instead of having to be looking for jar libs
> arrownd the Web.
>
> Finally just in case, we ended downloading complete repository (more
> than if the application included all its dependencies).
>
> The idea is not good, but the implementation is not it as much: ( .
>

> Javier.-

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

RE: BUILD ERROR: Error getting POM for 'mockrunner:mockrunner' from the repository

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
mockrunner is in the repository http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven2/repository.zip

I'm uploading a smaller repository to
http://people.apache.org/~pmd/repository.zip

ETA 2 hours ...sigh...

I think we came to the conclusion: Supplying the dependencies is
easier than managing online maven repositories.

Philip

On 2/5/07, Javier padron <jp...@nartexsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have the same problem ! :s

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Re: BUILD ERROR: Error getting POM for 'mockrunner:mockrunner' from the repository

Posted by Mikko Wuokko <mi...@evtek.fi>.
Hi.

This relates to the issue I posted a few weeks ago. There is no
mockrunner-0.2.7.pom in the repos, but the 0.3.1 does. At that moment
you didn't want to upgrade the versions, but maybe now.

For the second one, the ehcache, there are few dependencies on the
etc/build.xml file (jetspeed and others) which won't download properly.
The antrun plugin seems to download ONLY from central repo and there was
no 2.1-dev versions (mayby it will now with the 2.1 version). Note, that
this is (I think) only affecting when your local repository is emptied
(or never existed in first place). Anyway the jetspeed dependencies
seemed to go by executing first the mvn and THEN the mvn -P tomcat, but
the others still remained. They seemed to work fine if they were placed
in the etc/pom.xml as dependencies. I mailed the deps to you David, I
think, but that didn't have the new ehcache dep in it, so that should be
added there.

But if the real reason for the error really was, that the pom file could
not be downloaded, I'm puzzled as the missing poms should only produce
warnings.

That came quite a long one again :D

-Mikko

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
You can't send attachments to this list
Send it directly to me and I will upload it, thanks

On Mar 5, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Timony, Michael wrote:

>  ehcache-1.2.4.pom missing also. I've attached the 2 POM files I've
> created/modified to allow my build to continue. These could be
> added to
> the repository at bluesunrise?
>

> populate-seed-data:
>      [echo] called seed data with directory /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/dtf/
> etc
>    [delete] Deleting directory /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/dtf/etc/target/seed
>     [mkdir] Created dir: /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/dtf/etc/target/seed
>     [mkdir] Created dir: /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/dtf/etc/target/seed/data
>      [copy] Copying 1 file to
> /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/dtf/etc/target/seed/data
>      [copy] Copying /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/dtf/etc/sql/j2-seed.xml to
> /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/dtf/etc/target/seed/data/j2-seed.xml
>      [echo] Running Jetspeed Seed Importer with -b
> /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/dtf/etc/serializer/assembly//boot/ -c
> /tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/dtf/etc/serializer/assembly//
>      [echo]  IN SEED establishing dependency to
> org.apache.pluto.version=1.0.1
>      [echo]     portlet-api.version=1.0
>      [echo]     org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version=2.1
>      [echo]
> org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com
[office] +01 707 773-4646
[mobile] +01 707 529 9194

RE: BUILD ERROR: Error getting POM for 'mockrunner:mockrunner' from the repository

Posted by "Timony, Michael" <Mi...@FMR.COM>.

[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository com.bluesunrise.m2 (http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven2)
[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository com.bluesunrise.m1 (http://www.bluesunrise.com/maven)

Posted by Javier padron <jp...@nartexsoft.com>.